Monday, March 8, 2010

Chief of Sinners

When I came into the Lord, initially I had the mind set that the Lord chose me because I longed to know about the truth and the life. Since I held good motives in me, I felt that could be the reason for God choosing me. How seriously mistaken I was to think that something good in me made Him choose me!?

Two years later (during mid 1997), when I started knowing Him (Jesus) through His Word, did I get a realization of the truth. I understood that the Lord chose me purely by His grace and love for me rather than seeing anything good in me. It dawned upon me like sun rising on a dark horizon as how bad I was. Dwelling full in a self-righteous and judgmental attitude, I always was the one who was more ready to look into the spec in others eye, rather than the block in my own eyes.

If I were to talk about the greatest blessings and miracles, the Lord did in my life, there are many... And that is the reason why I chose to write them here. But to start with, the greatest miracle of my life is the inward change He brought in me, along with the realization of Who He is...

The Lord has not finished with me yet. His work is an ongoing task in me...And I stand in awe of Him because of the truth, that His love never diminishes for me in spite of all my shortcomings. All through these 12 yrs of my life in Him, I have tried to be my best for Him. But I have come to realize that I cannot live a blameless and spotless life without His grace and from the help of the Holy Spirit. I still see so many shortcomings in me such as quick tempered or responding in anger, impatience, instability of decisions made, judgmental attitude at times, etc.

And all that I do is: cling to Him and His grace, so that I know Him more, love Him better and live a life pleasing Him by becoming more like Him...

And I claim His Word for me everyday
Jude 1:24 (NIV)
To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy.

No comments: