Sunday, April 25, 2010

My First Christmas Gift

I have been waiting for long to share about the most wonderful gift of my life. Somehow it did not come to me naturally since this long, to write about my first Christmas gift; which I had waited in prayer for years and received it from Christ as per His promise- the man of my life.

Right from the time I came into a wonderful relationship with Jesus (when I was 18) , I had been waiting for the man of my life. I was assuming that the man of my life would first come into my life as a friend and then become my man. However, long after did I realize that my infirmity (diabetes) stood in the way.

When it came to my marriage, I got rejected a couple of times because of my diabetes. I was disappointed and heart broken, yet I did not lose hope. I believed in the One (Jesus) with whom all things are possible. I started claiming God's promise as per James 1:17.

James 1:17 (New International Version)

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Whenever my proposal was turned down (the time when my parents started looking for a match for me), I only reasoned saying, 'Perhaps, he is not the perfect gift. I shall wait for the perfect gift...my Christmas gift'

I had named my man as Christmas gift for he was the first gift I had ever asked God. But things didn't happen immediately. I received my gift when I was 26. I had to wait for long to receive it. The waiting period was not easy. Disappointments, rejections, pain and humiliation were all a part of life's phase. But the result was glorious.

All that I prayed with respect to my man was that he should be a person who loves Christ and he should have the faith to pray for my healing. Everything that I desired to see in my man, I saw them in Joshua and I still see them. Right from the very first instance I conversed with him on chat, he said that he had started praying for my healing (without me mentioning about it and that was a amazing confirmation to me that he was the Christmas gift)...And he hasn't stopped his prayers for me till date...

Indeed Josh is a perfect gift for me. No fault can be found in the gift that God gives. The only testimony I can share about Josh is this- 'That he loves me more than himself and takes care of me like a mother would of her child'. He never saw me or my infirmity as a burden, though he faces a lot of challenges with respect to my health.

Josh is the very promise of God fulfilled in my life, which reminds me everyday that God is good and faithful. And I am not finished yet, for I have another heart touching testimony to share; the second gift, an Easter gift- my little daughter, who is a demonstration of God's power, faithfulness and God's promise which came true for me again.


No comments: