Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Power of His Word

All of us have fears of some kind. Some say it out, others deny it, while others may brag about being fearless. Like any common individual, I have my fears which I share it with the Lord. Rather than trying to fight out my fears I believe in submitting my fears to my Savior who is aware of my human weakness.

Every day during my quiet times, I pray for my family, claiming God's promises. And as I pray Psalm 23, I leave out verse 4 on purpose.

Psalm 23:4 (New American Standard Bible)

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Deep down in my heart, the fear of any sickness (plague) befalling my family was dwelling and hence my reason to avoid Ps 23:4. However, life's lesson teaches us the value of every single verse in the word of God useful and included to minister to us...

When my dad fell ill, y'day, I was reminded of Psalm 23:4 and the Lord ministered to me in a powerful way. And as I claimed that word for my dad, it gave me a kind of strength within me which I had not experienced till date.

God does not guarantee us a life free from problems or sickness, but there is the power available to sustain, heal, restore and build. The Lord indeed took us (me and my family) out of valley of death, while rescuing my dad from a major health trauma. While His power worked for my dad in a marvelous way, the Lord dealt with my fear in a way which helped me to see His sovereignty in our lives...

No comments: