Tuesday, April 27, 2010

An Amazing Dream or a Prophetic One?

Early this morning, I had an amazing dream. A dream which I never had all these 15 yrs (since the time I was saved) . In my dream, I was in the midst of praise and worship in a church, when suddenly the Lord walked in. I was not sure how many did really see Him. He walked in a radiant light as if descending down a unseen stair. I was enthralled to see Him for I had only pictured Him in my mind all these years (though I experience His grace, presence, love and intervention in my day to day life).

When He walked close to me, I wanted to ask, "Lord, will you be there with me all the time?". But thinking that to be an absurd question, I said, "Lord, I thank you for being there with me". Then I wanted to hold His hand and kiss Him on His palm. But hesitating I kept quiet. Yet knowing my thoughts, the Lord asks, "Why do you hesitate to hold my hand? Do you doubt my love for you?". Then tears rolling down my cheeks, I held my Heavenly Father's hand close to my cheeks and kissed His palm.

In an unexpected way, the Lord told me that He is going to do a miracle in one of my relative's life for whom I had been praying for years. Delighted I tell the Lord that I had been praying for him. But the Lord told me that I should pray for my relative the way I responded to Him when I met Him. The Lord revealed a radiant truth in this dream to me...When there was no need for me to doubt His continual presence in my life, and the way I chose to reciprocate by thanking Him for His presence (when I met Him), so should my prayers be.

I realized this wonderful truth that whenever we enter into a time of fellowship with the Lord, whatever we may have to share or ask, we need to do that in an attitude of thankfulness because of the assurance of His goodness. As long as we don't doubt His love or presence, we don't need to doubt good tidings in our lives.

Philippians 4:6 (New Living Translation)

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Hi Irene, Your blog is so inspiring! I'm glad i happened upon it today. Thanks for sharing a part of you life through this blog. Blessings!!
Ruth

Stanny said...

Hello - I happened to read only today and was not able to control the tears in my eyes when I read the words "Why do you hesitate to hold my hand ? Do you doubt my love for you ?. God's love for us is so overwhelming and powerful but yet there are so many times when we doubt this. We need to be always aware of the divine love and be thankful for the countless blessings we receive.